When burning of coal, Petroleum products, natural gas as well as domestic and hazardous waste for energy production, polutants such as nitrogen oxide (NOX) occur despite optimised combustion and sometimes in significant quantities.
By the reaction of nitrogen oxides with other atmospheric components, eg ozone is created, which results in the so-called summer smog. Other reaction products, such as nitric acid penetrate into the water and soil with precipitation as acid rain. The resulting nitrate accumulation has a negative impact on humans, plants, and animals.
In the meantime, allowed emissions in the flue gas have been limited by law in all industrial countries.
ERC as a market and technology leader of DeNOX plants in Europe develops and produces highly efficient, individually tailored denitrification systems for various different combustion plants.
There is also the production and sale of Reducing agents for the operation of DeNOx plants.
- satamin (urea solution with an additive) – manufactured by ERC Emise Redukce Concepty s.r.o.
- urea solutions
- ammonia water
- gaseous ammonia
- other ammonia containing chemicals
Main chemical reactions:
- SCR: 4 NO + 4 NH3 + O2 > 4 N2 + 6 H2O
- SNCR: NH2– + NO > N2 + H2O
- Reduction with ammonia: 4 NO + 4 NH3 + O2 > 4 N2 + 6 H2O
- Reduction with urea: 2 NO + (NH2)2CO+ ½ O2 > 2N2 + 2 H2O + CO2
Secondary Processes for NOx- reduction: